About the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
Working at the ECCB will provide a unique opportunity to help the Bank achieve its strategic goals of monetary stability, financial stability and promoting balanced growth and development of ECCB member countries. The successful candidate will be based in St Kitts and Nevis, contracted for a term of five (5) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
Deputy Governor Role Profile
The Deputy Governor provides exemplary executive leadership for all aspects of the Bank´s operations as a key contributor to major strategic and policy decisions. The Deputy Governor is directly responsible to the Governor, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and deputises in the absence of the Governor.
The Deputy Governor demonstrates the ability to think strategically; to exercise sound judgment in a highly complex environment; to manage competing priorities; to manage and direct the Bank toward its primary goals and objectives; successfully lead teams; and influences change in the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union.
The Deputy Governor has strategic oversight of the following central banking and key operational areas:
• Financial Stability
• Banking and Monetary Operations
• Bank Supervision
• Currency Management
• Payments System
• Management Information Systems
• Support Services
The Deputy Governor promotes communication and cooperation among departments to create a spirit of unity in the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilites
2. Oversees the review process of regular reports on the status of the Bank´s operations to the board of directors and to bank staff;
3. Ensures that appropriate arrangements are in place and that efforts are undertaken for the effective supervision of the banking sector and the financial stability of the Currency Union;
4. Guides the effective and efficient delivery of banking services to the governments and commercial banks of the Currency Union;
5. Oversees the establishment and maintenance of efficient payments systems in the Currency Union;
6. Oversees the maintenance of efficient and effective currency management systems in the Currency Union;
7. Oversees the Bank’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company;
8. Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the Bank’s objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results;
9. Provides strategic direction on the Bank´s information technology and infrastructure;
10. Oversees the development of appropriate statistical systems and organizational arrangements to facilitate the research and policy outputs of the Bank;
11. Performs other related duties assigned by the Governor to benefit the mission of the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate must, at a minimum, possess post-graduate level qualifications in disciplines such as Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or professional certification in accounting such as ACCA or CPA.
- The successful candidate should also have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a central bank, the public sector or the financial sector with at least 7 years’ experience at an executive management level.
- Candidates must have a record of accomplishment of being a senior leader with sound understanding of and experience in implementing complex decisions.
- Candidates must be a strong communicator, have outstanding interpersonal skills and be a person of high integrity. He/she must also be comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Post-graduate level qualifications in disciplines such as Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or professional certification in accounting such as ACCA or CPA;
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a central bank, the public sector or the financial sector with at least 7 years’ experience at an executive management level.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the Bank’s physical premises.
Applications, via electronic mail, summarising evidence of the stated requirements for appointment to the position
Two (2) original letters of reference
Certified copies of certificates
Official transcripts, where applicable
To reach no later than Friday, 12 March 2021.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by Eastern Caribbean Central Bank to undertake this assignment.