Managing Director, Executive Search – North America
About the Role
As Managing Director (MD), you are responsible for supporting our Vice-President lead our brand in North America and managing and overseeing all aspects of the executive search process. You are experienced in business development as well as being a seasoned people manager, project manager and recruiter. The person will work with our Team to grow our work on the region and lead the consultant and researcher team in North America to its next evolution. As MD you must have the ability to build capability in this team and work with colleagues in multiple locations and time-zones.
You will possess the skills and ethical values necessary to understand a complex assignment, the skills to identify world class leading candidates, the advocacy skills to engage candidates and clients, and the capacity to work as part of a core project team and a wider corporate team, this role is fundamental to our continued success.
As MD you will be required to travel approximately 20% of the time. The role may be based in Washington DC or New York.
We have a global team of 50+, with our Head Office in Dublin, Ireland and other team members based in DC, NYC, Boston, Mexico, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Stockholm , London, Manila, Bangalore, Nairobi, Johannesburg, and Abidjan.
The responsibilities of a MD include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of annual and monthly key performance indicators;
- Develop the business in North America;
- Grow and develop the skills and competencies of the team;
- Build capability in the team to ensure the quality and delivery to our clients;
- Develop the profile of the business in North America through long-term agreements, managing current client relationships, developing new clients and ensuring we leverage quality of delivery;
- Be the bridgehead to the research and consultancy team in North America;
- Continually improve processes and systems to create a centre of excellence;
- Deliver on annual and monthly key performance indicators;
- Capture market trends and ensure knowledge is shared and used within SRI Executive; and
- Ensure the resources of the SRI Executive team in North America are well managed and continually improve productivity.
Qualities, Skills & Characteristics:
- 8-12 years of relevant experience in management, human resources, or related field (experience in recruitment is desirable);
- Strong people management skills, the ability to motivate others and hold them accountable for high expectations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multi-task, delegate and manage multiple projects and competing priorities;
- Proven ability to self-direct and take initiative;
- Demonstrated client management success;
- Ability to multi-task with excellent attention to detail;
- Desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- An intuitive understanding of people and their motivations;
- A natural inclination for developing strong relationships and networks;
- A true commitment to building a strong mission-driven sector; and
- Ability to demonstrate experience on growing a business.
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Authentic Leadership
- Charismatic Personality
- Results Driven
Compensation & Benefits
SRI Executive provides a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience.
SRI Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For further details please liaise with the Executive Assistant of the CEO, Ms. Oneesa McWeeney; firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35316675008