Head of Advocacy
About SRI Executive
SRI Executive is a leading executive search and strategy consultancy working with organisations in the International Development, Global Health, Social Impact and the non-profit sector. For over 20 years we have continually championed organisations who have committed themselves to making a lasting difference across the world. As specialists in identifying, assessing and securing exceptional high-level executives and having partnered with over 200 organisations placing leaders in 63 different countries, we not only understand the culture, values and ethos of the Developmental Finance and non-profit sector landscape, but also the specific requirements associated with it.
SRI Executive has been entrusted by our client, Enhancing Financial Innovation & Advocacy (EFInA) to support the executive search of an exceptional leader for the position of Head of Advocacy.
About the Enhancing Financial Innovation & Advocacy (EFInA)
Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access (EFInA) is a leading financial sector development organisation working to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria. Established in late 2007, EFInA’s vision is to be the leader in facilitating an all-inclusive and growth-promoting financial system. EFInA is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
EFInA is well renowned within Nigeria’s financial sector for providing thought leadership in financial inclusion and championing the unbanked. Through funding and catalysing innovation, providing cutting-edge research, advocating for enabling inclusive policies and building capacity, EFInA has built a reputation as an ‘honest broker’ amongst both the private and public sectors. Data from the EFInA Access to Financial Services in Nigeria surveys was a key source of information in the development of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s National Financial Inclusion Strategy; and is also widely used by a diverse range of stakeholders, including regulators, as a benchmark for financial inclusion in Nigeria. Furthermore, financial services providers use EFInA’s research to develop a range of relevant financial products through gaining insights and understanding of consumers’ needs.
EFInA aims to achieve its goals through four pillars namely: Research, Innovation, Advocacy and Capacity Building.
You can find more details on their website www.efina.org.ng/
Head of Advocacy Role Profile
The role of Head of Advocacy is critical for the success of EFInA. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Advocacy will:
- Drive EFInA’s advocacy and policy initiatives and provide technical support in developing and implementing relevant policies to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Drive EFInA’s Financial Literacy initiatives for all demographics in order to increase Financial Inclusion rate in Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Advocacy will have the following key responsibilities:
Policy, Advocacy & Stakeholder Management
- Conduct assessments of current policies and regulations in the Financial Services sector in Nigeria to identify regulatory gaps and opportunities for advocacy to promote implementation of financial inclusion objectives in Nigeria
- Understand the various processes required for drafting and implementing social and economic policies and regulations
- Provide technical support to regulators in policy and regulation design that promotes financial inclusion based on compelling evidence-based insights from EFInA’s research data
- Ensure EFInA’s research findings are used to inform policy reforms and/or stimulate product innovation by consistently disseminating targeted research information to stakeholders
- Engage in advocacy activities with required stakeholders to solve industry problems identified during EFInA’s working group/breakfast meetings
- Work closely with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Financial Inclusion Secretariat (FIS), National Pension Commission (PENCOM), National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) National Deposit Insurance Commission (NDIC) and other stakeholders to support monitoring and delivery of relevant objectives in the National Financial Inclusion Strategy
- Understand the global trends or strategies that have been proven successful and leverage same to deepen financial inclusion in Nigeria
- Forge and maintain effective partnerships with key regulators in order to ensure that they develop enabling environment to drive financial inclusion agenda in Nigeria
- Engages in conferences, convenings, working groups, speaking engagements and other activities that reinforce EFInA’s role as a honest broker and thought leader in Financial Inclusion as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
- Contribute to the development of the financial inclusion sector and EFInA’s position as a thought leader by writing position papers/ focus/strategy notes, for advancing financial inclusion in Nigeria
- As required, contribute to EFInA’s knowledge management by facilitating knowledge sharing sessions, creating training materials and ensuring these materials are consistently saved to SharePoint for ease of reference and retrieval of information
- Lead, coach, and mentor the Advocacy Specialist, Financial Literacy Specialist & Associate to ensure customer focus and high standards of delivery
- Ensure that the Advocacy team keeps abreast of new local and global trends and developments in policies/regulations within the financial sector or other related sectors
- Ensure that any output from the Advocacy team meets EFInA’s high standards of delivery
- Work with the Human Resources to develop annual training plans for the Advocacy team for approval by the Chief Executive Officer
- Monitor, manage and report on the performance of the Advocacy Specialist, Financial Literacy Specialist & Associate, including setting performance objectives and timelines, and conducting performance reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Performs any other duties as required by the Chief Executive Officer
- Good knowledge and understanding of public (social and economic) policies
- Good understanding of the policy processes from drafting through till implementation
- Excellent Communications skills
- Ability to forge partnerships across stakeholder groups and good stakeholder management
- Ability to influence various stakeholders at a high level
- Good interface with financial services regulators
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research process
- Ability to use evidence/ data to underpin regulations/policies
- Proven project management skills
- Formulating strategies/concepts analysing
- Campaign Management skill
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or International development
- Strong awareness of the legal, regulatory & policy frameworks that govern Financial sector experience (banking/management consultancy/development/research
- Prior experience in policy and regulation design and implementation
- Experience in using research/evidence to underpin decision making
- Robust network among key stakeholders
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time and permanent position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A pension plan, life and medical insurances are included in the benefits package.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Carol Mallari at [email protected] on or before the 19th April 2019. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.