Manager, Information Technology
Vacancy ID: 7709
Closing Date: 17.00 ULAT, October 26, 2018
The Government of Mongolia (“Government”) seeks a qualified Manager, Information Technology to help plan, deliver and implement all IT-related services for MCA-Mongolia, to include network management and data infrastructure. of a new special purpose entity to be known as the Millennium Challenge Account – Mongolia (“MCA-Mongolia”). The Government will shortly establish MCA-Mongolia in the form of a non-profit state-owned enterprise to oversee the implementation of the Mongolia Water Compact (the “Compact”), a large-scale international development assistance program funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States Government agency that provides grant assistance to help partner countries promote economic growth and reduce poverty.
The Compact aims to increase the long-term sustainable supply of water to Ulaanbaatar and stem the impact of an impending water crisis. The Compact will expand the supply of water to residential consumers and commercial and industrial users in Ulaanbaatar through:
- The construction of new groundwater wells downstream from Ulaanbaatar and introduction of a state-of-the-art advanced water purification plant;
- The construction of a new wastewater recycling plant and pipelines to provide high-quality treated water to large-scale industrial users;
- Policy reforms, capacity building, and technical assistance to improve the long-term sustainability of Ulaanbaatar’s water supply.
MCA-Mongolia will oversee the implementation of these investments on behalf of the Government and in compliance with the guidelines and standards of MCC.
Main Tasks: The Manager, Information Technology, is responsible for the planning, delivery and implementation of all IT-related services for MCA-Mongolia, to include network management and data infrastructure. The Manager, Information Technology, reports to the Director, Administration, and supervises one dedicated staff member.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the planning and delivery of information technology (“IT”) services within MCA-Mongolia, including infrastructure maintenance, database management, etc., ensuring that the quality of execution meets organizational needs and established IT standards.
- Manage the development of terms of reference, technical specifications and associated cost estimates and play a lead role in technical evaluation panels and bid review panels, as may be necessary for the procurement of IT consultants and contractors.
- Lead the development and implementation of functional requirements for a management information system (“MIS”) and manage MIS projects to ensure optimal alignment of the MIS infrastructure with current and future needs.
- Develop procedures, protocols and policies related to the access and use of MCA-Mongolia’s IT systems, contribute to the development of annual IT work plans, and manage an annual budget for IT.
- Advise the Director, Administration regarding day-to-day IT operations; assess existing procedures, protocols and operations and collect user feedback in order to identify potential improvements; recommend software developments or upgrades to improve efficiency, productivity or utility; and provide other inputs to strengthen MCA-Mongolia’s IT services.
- Develop regular testing, update, and maintenance schedule for IT infrastructure to ensure the proper capacity and continuity of functionality and take all necessary measures to ensure the security and integrity of MCA-Mongolia’s computers, network infrastructure and data stores.
- Coordinate the development of MCA-Mongolia’s website and maintain website operations.
- Perform additional tasks and accept additional responsibilities assigned by the Director, Administration of MCA-Mongolia.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems or a similar field. Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years or more of prior experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of information technology (IT) or computer information systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful management of an IT team and IT consultants or contractors.
- A demonstrated understanding of enterprise application, integration technologies and software development methodologies.
- Experience in the deployment, use and ongoing maintenance of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows applications and systems preferred.
- Experience in the design, engineering, construction and maintenance of network infrastructure, firewall administration, servers, storage and back-up systems, and data center infrastructure (including power and cooling applications) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft databases (such as SQL Servers) and business automated applications (such as SAP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with limited direct supervision and oversight.
Communication and Languages
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English and Mongolian), both orally and in writing. English language proficiency at ILR Level 3 or above is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cost-efficient initiatives without sacrificing quality or core values. Knows how to manage, deploy, and leverage resources (both internally and externally).
- Ability to anticipate issues that are not clear on the surface and identify root causes and effects. Providing possible solutions.
- Proactively developing short and long-range plans to meet goals.
- Dynamic and experience in leading projects/programs that produce desired results.
- Accomplished in Identifying and coordinating appropriate resources to support objectives.
- Able to gather and utilize all available information and logic to make educated decisions, including evaluating the long-term consequences.
- Confident in dealing with service providers.
To be considered for this position, apply online at http://www.sri-executive.com/offer/?id=7709 OR please forward a copy of a dated and signed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae (“CV”) in Microsoft Word format to [email protected] on or before 17.00 ULAT, October 26, 2018. In the subject line, kindly indicate APPLICATION FOR 7709 – MANAGER, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
We are encouraging all interested parties to apply for the role. Selection process will be based on merit on the required experiences for all vacancies. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. No fees will be paid to MCA- Mongolia or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other).For a more detailed information about the role including the recruitment process, kindly access the Executive Brief by cutting and pasting the following link to your browser: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r39g3o3c8072y50/Executive%20Brief_MCA%20M%20Manager%2C%20IT.docx?dl=0
SRI Executive (www.sri-executive.com) is assisting the Government of Mongolia in its search for exceptional candidates for MCA-Mongolia. SRI Executive operates under a contract provided by MCC. SRI Executive is supported by our local partner Specialized Career Consulting (SCC) in this recruitment initiative.