Manager, Human Resources
Vacancy ID: 7708
Closing Date: 17.00 ULAT, October 01, 2018
The Government of Mongolia (“Government”) seeks a qualified Manager, Human Resources to organize, manage and lead the recruitment, administration and retention of highly qualified professional staff for a new special purpose entity to be known as the Millennium Challenge Account – Mongolia (“MCA-Mongolia”). The Government will shortly establish MCA-Mongolia in the form of a non-profit state-owned enterprise to oversee the implementation of the Mongolia Water Compact (the “Compact”), a large-scale international development assistance program funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States Government agency that provides grant assistance to help partner countries promote economic growth and reduce poverty.
The Compact aims to increase the long-term sustainable supply of water to Ulaanbaatar and stem the impact of an impending water crisis. The Compact will expand the supply of water to residential consumers and commercial and industrial users in Ulaanbaatar through:
- The construction of new groundwater wells downstream from Ulaanbaatar and introduction of a state-of-the-art advanced water purification plant;
- The construction of a new wastewater recycling plant and pipelines to provide high-quality treated water to large-scale industrial users;
- Policy reforms, capacity building, and technical assistance to improve the long-term sustainability of Ulaanbaatar’s water supply.
MCA-Mongolia will oversee the implementation of these investments on behalf of the Government and in compliance with the guidelines and standards of MCC.
Main Tasks: The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for the payroll, benefits and entitlements, performance management, personnel files, and the human resources information system (HRIS) of MCA-Mongolia. The Manager, Human Resources, reports to the Director, Administration, and supervises one dedicated staff member.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the administration of time and attendance procedures, payroll, benefits, and other human resources functions on behalf of MCA-Mongolia, ensuring compliance with MCC’s standards and with local regulations and laws.
- Translate the requirements of the compact program into a staffing and recruitment strategy for MCA-Mongolia, to include a comprehensive staffing plan, detailed job descriptions for each position, an outreach and recruitment approach, and procedures for evaluating applications and interviewing candidates.
- Develop, explain and administer a common benefits program for the staff of MCA-Mongolia, to include personal and medical leave, health or medical insurance, contributions to pensions or retirement plans, allowances, and performance bonuses, ensuring strict compliance with policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Lead the development of effective processes for introducing, orienting training, and transitioning new staff to MCA-Mongolia and for objectively and transparently evaluating employee performance.
- Advise CEO on issues that may arise from the failure of MCA-Mongolia to adhere fully to its own human resources guidelines, as well as anticipate issues that may affect the delivery of HR services;
- Lead the development of training and professional development programs for the staff of MCA-Mongolia and its implementing entities.
- Oversee the security and proper use of personnel files and the selection, set-up, deployment, use and maintenance of a human resource information system (HRIS) in support of day-to-day operations and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, public administration, business administration, labor or employment law, or a similar field. Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years or more of prior experience working in the organization and delivery of human resource services. Prior experience in the development and/or drafting of human resources policies preferred. Prior experience in the application of human resources policies and procedures for a government agency or ministry, international development partner, or international organization preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of human resource services, including the successful development and implementation of professional recruitment strategies, training and development plans, performance appraisal and performance management systems, retention strategies, comprehensive benefits packages, and human resource policies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply current Mongolian labor and employment practices, standards, regulations and laws.
- Strong research skills and organizational skills, and an ability to apply discretion and judgment to sensitive and often complex issues.
Communication and Languages
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English and Mongolian), both orally and in writing. English language proficiency at ILR Level 3 or above is preferred.
- Dynamic and experienced leader with significant experience in a corporation, government agency or philanthropic entity and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership;
- Accomplished in developing, motivating and supporting teams, including coaching and creating development opportunities to maximize production and quality of work and achieve goals;
- Organized and results oriented, with ability to translate Compact strategy and objectives into tasks and work plans;
- Confident in making structural or organizational changes as needed to move the work forward and meet the needs of the situation;
- Skilled in building consensus among employees and developing strong relationships with outside stakeholders;
- Accountable for achieving results that have a development impact and promote financial, environmental and social sustainability;
- Able to identify and propose solutions to mitigate and manage risks;
- Strong negotiator;
- Efficient in understanding new issues quickly and making well informed decisions;
- Able to inspire confidence and create trust;
- Able to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate work to subordinates;
- Skilled in analysing facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to [email protected] on or before the 1st October, 2018 or submit your application via the "Application Form" portal below. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We are encouraging all interested parties to apply for the role. Selection process will be based on merit on the required experiences for all vacancies. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. No fees will be paid to MCA- Mongolia or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other).
For a more detailed information about the role including the recruitment process, kindly access the Executive Brief by cutting and pasting the following link to your browser:
SRI Executive (www.sri-executive.com) is assisting the Government of Mongolia in its search for an exceptional candidates for MCA-Mongolia. SRI Executive operates under a contract provided by MCC. SRI Executive is supported by our local partner Specialized Career Consulting (SCC) in this recruitment initiative