Vacancy ID: 7705
Closing Date: 17.00 ULAT, October 01, 2018
The Government of Mongolia (“Government”) seeks a qualified Director, Administration to help organize, manage and lead the operation of a new special purpose entity to be known as the Millennium Challenge Account – Mongolia (“MCA-Mongolia”). The Government will shortly establish MCA-Mongolia in the form of a non-profit state-owned enterprise to oversee the implementation of the Mongolia Water Compact (the “Compact”), a large-scale international development assistance program funded by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”), a United States Government agency that provides grant assistance to help partner countries promote economic growth and reduce poverty.
The Compact aims to increase the long-term sustainable supply of water to Ulaanbaatar and stem the impact of an impending water crisis. The Compact will expand the supply of water to residential consumers and commercial and industrial users in Ulaanbaatar through:
- The construction of new groundwater wells downstream from Ulaanbaatar and introduction of a state-of-the-art advanced water purification plant;
- The construction of a new wastewater recycling plant and pipelines to provide high-quality treated water to large-scale industrial users;
- Policy reforms, capacity building, and technical assistance to improve the long-term sustainability of Ulaanbaatar’s water supply.
MCA-Mongolia will oversee the implementation of these investments on behalf of the Government and in compliance with the guidelines and standards of MCC.
Main Tasks: The Director, Administration, is responsible for developing and implementing administrative policies and procedures and managing the daily operations of MCA-Mongolia, including office services, facilities management, transportation and logistics, information technology, and staffing and human resources. The Director, Administration, reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and supervises three managers in a division of twelve (12) staff.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures that adapt MCC’s guidelines for records management, health, safety, security, and continuity of operations to the needs of MCA-Mongolia and ensure compliance with local regulations and laws.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of strategies to meet MCA-Mongolia’s needs for administrative support, office services, office furniture, office equipment, logistics, transportation, travel support, and information technology, and develop associated budgets for these activities.
- Directly supervise the day-to-day work of an office manager, information technology manager, and human resource manager and provide overall strategic direction to the administration division of MCA-Mongolia.
- Oversee the management and operation of the office space, facilities, equipment and vehicles of MCA-Mongolia to ensure consistent availability, functionality, safety, security, ease of use, and efficiency.
- Advise MCA management regarding compliance with local legislation related to operating as an entity in the country.
- Oversee the development and implementation of training programs among the staff of MCA-Mongolia to ensure broad awareness of and compliance with the administrative policies and procedures of MCA-Mongolia.
- Lead regular reviews of MCA-Mongolia’s operational processes and administrative policies, recommending changes and improvements as may be needed to boost end user satisfaction, efficiency, operational performance, and compliance.
- Perform additional tasks and accept additional responsibilities assigned by the CEO of MCA-Mongolia.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, management, business administration, international business, organizational development or a similar field. Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years or more of prior experience working in office administration, management, organizational development or strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful selection, management or oversight of information technology (IT) systems that are typically deployed in project management organizations for an office, department or entity of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful management of the day-to-day operations of an office, department or entity of similar size and complexity, including the oversight of office maintenance, the procurement of office supplies and services, and the negotiation of contracts with local vendors and suppliers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Communication and Languages
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in English and Mongolian), both orally and in writing. English language proficiency at ILR Level 3 or above is preferred.
- Dynamic and experienced leader with significant experience in a corporation, government agency or philanthropic entity and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership;
- Accomplished in developing, motivating and supporting teams, including coaching and creating development opportunities to maximize production and quality of work and achieve goals;
- Organized and results oriented, with ability to translate Compact strategy and objectives into tasks and work plans;
- Confident in making structural or organizational changes as needed to move the work forward and meet the needs of the situation;
- Skilled in building consensus among employees and developing strong relationships with outside stakeholders;
- Accountable for achieving results that have a development impact and promote financial, environmental and social sustainability;
- Able to identify and propose solutions to mitigate and manage risks;
- Strong negotiator;
- Efficient in understanding new issues quickly and making well informed decisions;
- Able to inspire confidence and create trust;
- Able to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate work to subordinates;
- Skilled in analysing facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to [email protected] on or before the 1st October, 2018 or submit your application via the "Application Form" portal below. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We are encouraging all interested parties to apply for the role. Selection process will be based on merit on the required experiences for all vacancies. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. No fees will be paid to MCA- Mongolia or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other).
For a more detailed information about the role including the recruitment process, kindly access the Executive Brief by cutting and pasting the following link to your browser:
SRI Executive (www.sri-executive.com) is assisting the Government of Mongolia in its search for an exceptional candidates for MCA-Mongolia. SRI Executive operates under a contract provided by MCC. SRI Executive is supported by our local partner Specialized Career Consulting (SCC) in this recruitment initiative