Talent Acquisition Team Leader
Inter-American Development Bank Washington, D.C., United States
About the Inter-American Development Bank
IDB is committed to improving lives. Since 1959, IDB have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. They do more than lending though. IDB partner with 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, they need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
IDB is committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and provides a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. They are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing their strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect their diverse community around common interests.
Because IDB is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, they embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. They encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
You can find further details on their website https://www.iadb.org/en.
Talent Acquisition Team Leader
The Human Resources Department (HRD) of the Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB Group) is looking for an experienced Recruitment Leader to lead the end-to-end Talent Acquisition process, from marketing and outreach to hiring and on-boarding. The successful candidate will lead a team of recruiters and consultants and build the team further to ensure delivery of service at a world class level. There is a strong desire to bring the best practices' approach to talent solutions at the IDBG.
Working across 26 country offices in Latin America and the Caribbean, two regional offices in Asia and Europe, and headquarters, in Washington, D.C., HRD provides services and solutions in direct response to internal customers’ strategic objectives. HRD works to innovate and continuously improve their efforts to better serve the IDBG’s employees in the pursuit of the mission of the organization: to improve lives of all people in the region.
The Inter-American Development Bank are looking for a forward-looking, exceptional leader who can drive the IDBG strategy through our Human Resources practices including, but not limited to, overseeing the end-to-end recruitment of staff, consultants, executives, young professionals, interns, and specialized roles.
This role offers a unique opportunity: To lead the talent acquisition team transformation to excellence for the next century with a client-centric vision and passion for developing new strategies and systems that allow IDB to attract diverse top talent and ensure a memorable candidate experience. As a result, it will unite, build, and shape a highly functioning environment that impacts IDB's culture.
Duites and Responsibilities
- Ensure the ability to deliver robust and ready pipelines of diverse and qualified talent.
- Design and lead proactive recruitment strategies for critical roles, and to ensure attraction of superior quality talent at every level.
- Lead the IDB Group employer branding in the market and ensure the IDB Group’s prominence as an employer of choice.
- Lead the organizational transformation for Talent Acquisition, including new ATSs, processes and approaches, such as agile Talent Acquisition.
- In partnership with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Advisor, develop and execute plans to reach the institution’s DEI goals, especially with underrepresented populations.
- Facilitate strategic conversations with the leadership team to both plan future activities and examine existing programs to determine the effectiveness of recruitment efforts and where to improve.
- Create, own and collaborate on plans and projects related to the Human Capital Strategy within the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Develop appropriate KPIs, perform deep analysis of data to monitor and generate insights to a high-quality service for both internal clients and candidates.
- Provide thought leadership to the Talent Acquisition team. Monitor the quality of outputs, achievement of goals, and annual objectives for the team.
Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48 member countries (https://www.iadb.org/en/about-us/how-are-we-organized) (Ctrl + Click). IDB offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Strong business acumen; understanding business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continuous improvement in business objectives, productivity, and development.
Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to quickly establish and maintain trust and credibility with all stakeholders. Sound judgment and emotional intelligence. Establishing and maintaining trust and credibility with all stakeholders.
A track record of being a collaborative team player who can inspire trust and passion in the IDB Group’s mission, establish productive relationships, and treat all individuals with fairness and respect.
The ability to lead by example and manage efforts via relationships and influence.
Languages: Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in talent acquisition. Of these, 5 years of experience in leading talent acquisition function/teams in a multinational environment, and leading major transformation in her/his team/area.
- Master's degree or equivalent advanced degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis initially for three (3) years.
The IDB offers a competetitive remuneration and benefits package.
A hybrid working model is in place.
Location: Headquarters, Washington, D.C., USA.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 31 January 2022. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
How to Apply
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at [email protected]
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by IDB to undertake this assignment.