Program Manager, Portfolio Origination and Management (2 Positions)
About the Nordic Development Fund (NDF)
According to the prevailing Strategy, the purpose of NDF is to advance Nordic leadership in addressing climate change and development challenges through financing, knowledge and partnerships. Together with our strategic partners, we develop, launch and scale high-impact projects to support developing countries and the most vulnerable people affected by climate change.
NDF provides financing on concessionary terms and the primary focus is on climate change mitigation and adaptation activities. In addition to its primary focus on climate change and the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 13, calling for urgent actions to combat climate change and its impact, NDF works in a holistic way towards the development challenges spelled out in the other sixteen SDGs, recognising the interlinkages to, and actively seeking co-benefits with, other SDGs, not least with regard to environmental objectives.
NDF is entering 2021 with new capital commitments from its member countries and has undertaken an organisational restructure to effectively implement the new strategy. This new stage of NDF’s development affords the opportunity for a senior and talented development finance professional to be a part of and influence the fulfilment of NDF’s purpose.
You can find further details on their website http://www.ndf.fi/.
Program Manager, Portfolio Origination and Management Role Profile (2 Positions)
NDF is seeking to recruit to the Portfolio Origination and Management (POM) department a Program Manager. The Program Manager is reporting to the Director and Head of POM.
The department has the overall responsibility to:
- Drive NDF’s portfolio origination in line with Strategy 2025 and the agreed business development priorities.
- Coordinate project and portfolio implementation and monitoring activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Program Manager, Portfolio Origination and Management Role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Actively identify project/investment proposals for possible financing by NDF in line with agreed NDF strategy and priorities.
- Prepare financing proposals following the internal processing cycle.
- Collaborate closely with all NDF departments to secure necessary consultations throughout the process.
- Actively provide peer support to other Program Managers in project development and implementation related matters.
- Following the approval of projects by the NDF Board, lead the project start-up process on behalf of NDF.
- Liaise with project partners in matters relating to project implementation.
- Monitor the implementation of selected NDF financed projects as stipulated in NDF’s result monitoring framework.
- Prepare any required updates and/or summaries on the projects.
- Participate in project related meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentations and written materials on projects.
- Any other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience
At least a Master's Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in development finance or an international finance institution involving public and private sector focused project design and management.
Experience in environmental/climate change focused projects including private sector related projects and due diligence processes.
Strong communication skills, including solid negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in a Nordic language is considered a strong benefit
Preferably another (NDF relevant) foreign language such as Spanish or French, level 3 or 2
Other language skills are regarded as plus.
Experience from working at the country level in low-income countries, particularly in Africa, is an advantage.
English level 3.
Other language skills are regarded as plus.
Strong analytical skills
Excellent writing and presentational skills
Strong team-working skills.
Terms of Appointment
How to Apply:
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Colm Ashe, at [email protected] on or before 8 March 2021. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.