Head, Treasury Client Solutions Team
Head, Treasury Client Solutions Team Role Profile
The team’s mission: The Finance Department (FIN) manages the Bank’s financial resources including debt and non-debt funds, the Bank’s cash position, ensures timely financial reporting and financial planning. FIN, through the Treasury Division, is also responsible for the relationship with financial markets and intermediaries. The Treasury Client Solutions team interacts regularly with sovereign and non-sovereign borrowers to facilitate and implement the use of financial instruments available to them.
- As Group Head, you will be responsible and accountable to:
- Manage the relationship with public sector clients on all aspects of debt management, including negotiation (with clients and financial intermediaries) of loan fixings, local/main currency conversions, liquidity management proposals and promotion of the new Treasury services such as commodity hedging.
- Explore new alternatives that may benefit borrowers: potential new products, variation of the existing ones, etc.
- Ensure the team is properly trained and updated of new market developments: services, products, etc. that may benefit borrowers.
- Foster regular interactions with internal clients and other support areas (other members of the Finance team, Risk Management, Internal Audit) and with Bank clients, external entities including financial counterparts, other MDBs, etc. to gather market intelligence and feedback to provide for continuous improvement and stronger and innovative value-added services to IDB clients.
- Assist the Bank’s Office of Outreach and Partnership providing technical support during the negotiation, structuring and execution of transactions involving donor resource mobilization and administration.
- Design and lead implementation (with no or limited supervision) of Bank-wide initiatives that seek to expand Bank products or services, this include leadership of inter-departmental working groups.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of the 48-member countries. IDB may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Master’s degree (or the equivalent) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field, or CFA required.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant markets experience with at least five (5) in a senior role covering public sector and sovereign clients in Latin America and the Caribbean with established relationships with them.
- Languages: Fluency in English and proficiency in Spanish is required. Command of other official Bank language (French and/or Portuguese) is desirable.
- Quantitative Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis
- Financial Market Knowledge
- Financial Operations
- Systems and Applications Knowledge
- Risk Awareness
- Business Acumen
- Innovation and Creativity
- Communication and Influence
- Client Focus
- Developing People and Teams to Deliver Results
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion