Head, Infrastructure and Operations Division
About The European Investment Bank
- The Bank will end all financing for fossil fuel energy projects from the end of 2021
- Future financing will accelerate clean energy innovation, energy efficiency and renewables
- EIB Group financing will unlock EUR 1 trillion of climate action and environmental sustainable investment in the decade to 2030
- EIB Group will align all financing activities with the goals of the Paris Agreement from the end of 2020.
Head of Infrastructure and Operations Division Role Profile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute in a pro-active way to the development of an overall strategy for the IT function with the alignment to the business strategy of the organisation and external IT trends and developments
- In collaboration with IT divisions and business users, define work programmes to implement the agreed strategic initiatives and builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders
- Monitor and control the implementation of the projects/programmes in Infrastructure and Operations domain to ensure they are delivered on time and budget, bringing all the foreseen business benefit
- Plan and forecast the annual Division budget ensuring that it is consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the Bank
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on bestpractice processes, disciplines and related toolsets
- Ensure that the division is staffed with resources having the right competencies, objectives and motivation
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitiveness and employee productivity
- Implement the next generation of EIB private cloud data centre based on software defined technologies, having at core security, automation and orchestration by design
- Implement the next generation of digital workplace for EIB Group’s end users focused on mobility and flexibility (work securely from anywhere and anytime)
- Develop and implement solutions that contribute to the climate and carbon emissions targets set by the organization as the EU Climate Bank
- In collaboration with IT divisions and business users, define work programmes to implement the agreed strategic initiatives
Achievement Drive: You continually keep an eye on performance, focus on improving it, show drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
Change Orientation: You adapt to differences and changes in the environment; you take a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
Collaboration: You work cooperatively as part of a team and collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and your individual perspectives and concerns.
Organisational Commitment: You are willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align your own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Developing Others: You build the long-term capability of others by guiding and developing them to make the most of their competence and potential, based on an accurate understanding of their true strengths and development needs.
Strategic Thinking: You think about the long-term organisation strategy and how to align to and implement it; you come up with useful new strategic insights.
Team Leadership: You build a high-performing team, ensuring it is focused, motivated and inspired to achieve organisational objectives; you encourage performance excellence and address underperformance when required.
Qualifications and Experience
University degree, preferably in computer science or information technology related domain
Minimum of 10 years of work experience in complex IT Infrastructure environments
Experience in managing and coaching staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organisations (e.g. contribution to: determining team resources and skills; establishing objectives; assessing performance; delegating and supervising tasks; guiding, motivating, coaching and providing feedback)
Previous experience in managing large structure teams consisting of internal and external staff would be an advantage
Experience with Infrastructure technologies (end-user, productivity tools and devices, service desk, network and data centre operation, monitoring - automation - orchestration of infrastructure technologies, databases, IT operations)
Proven record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of different methodologies
Solid experience in managing IT infrastructure services, using different delivery models
Solid experience with sourcing and vendor managers
Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes and proven track record of having implemented or improved key ITIL processes
Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage
Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
Location: Kirchberg, Luxembourg
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Abigail Wellard at [email protected] on or before September 20th 2020. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by EIB to undertake this assignment.