Principal, Executive Search – North America
About the Role
We are seeking a Principal who is an experienced recruiter and project manager. The role requires you to manage all aspects of the executive search process, working with our clients at both national and international levels. You will engage with them to fully understand their specific hiring requirements and leverage our market knowledge and extensive networks to source and identify their talent needs. Working with our Team, you will grow our profile in the North America, supported by our research team based in Dublin.
As Principal, your work will include client lead generation and pitch preparation; undertake client needs assessment and understand client culture and values; develop search timeline and search launch process; develop and select a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through sourcing, in-depth selection process and dedicated client management.
At SRI Executive we partner with our clients to deliver them the highest quality transparent search process. The Principal is central to our client engagement and we are seeking a team member who is passionate about delivery successful solutions to our client’s needs.
The Principal must excel in project management and have excellent communication skills. We are seeking a person with the intellectual skills and ethical values necessary to understand a complex assignment, the skills to identify world class leading candidates, the advocacy skills to engage candidates and clients, and the capacity to work as part of a core project team and a wider corporate team, this role is fundamental to our continued success.
As Principal you will be required to travel 10% of the time. The role may be based in Boston or New York or Washington DC.
We have a global team of 50+, with our Head Office in Dublin, Ireland and other team members based in DC, NYC, Boston, Mexico, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Stockholm , London, Manila, Bangalore, Nairobi, Johannesburg, and Abidjan.
The responsibilities of a Principal include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of a portfolio of quality-driven executive searches;
- Engage key client stakeholders in needs assessment process to gain an in-deep understanding of each client’s unique culture and needs, and apply that knowledge to the search strategy;
- Consistently delivering extraordinarily high levels of client service, including timely delivery of all search-related deliverables;
- Provide client in a consultative role regarding their strategic hiring decisions and organizational development;
- Develop the business in North America through current long-term agreements, managing current client relationships, developing new clients and ensuring we leverage quality of relationship management;
- Lead internal research team to develop and execute search-specific strategies and ensuring that meets agreed timeframe and deliverables;
- Collaborate with operations and research staff to oversee sourcing, interviewing and assessment of high-quality candidates and ensuring that all candidates have a positive experience with SRI Executive;
- Cultivating and stewarding high-level candidates through the selection process;
- Participating in internal projects to develop highest quality recruitment services and products and identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies;
- Continually improve processes and systems to create a centre of excellence; and
- Deliver on annual and monthly key performance indicators.
Qualities, Skills & Characteristics:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in recruiting, human resources, or related field;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients and candidates;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multi-task, delegate and manage multiple projects and competing priorities;
- Proven ability to self-direct and take initiative;
- Demonstrated client management success;
- Strong people management skills, the ability to motivate others and hold them accountable for high expectations;
- Ability to multi-task with excellent attention to detail;
- Innate customer service orientation and a desire to do right by clients, candidates, and colleagues;
- Desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- An intuitive understanding of people and their motivations;
- A natural inclination for developing strong relationships and networks;
- A true commitment to building a strong mission-driven sector; and
- Ability to demonstrate experience on growing a business.
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Authentic Leadership
- Charismatic Personality
- Results Driven
Compensation & Benefits
SRI Executive provides a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience.
SRI Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For further details please liaise with the Executive Assistant of the CEO, Sarah Farnfield; [email protected] or call +35316675008