Proposal Team Lead
Proposal Team Lead
Company: SRI Executive
Location: Dublin 4, Ireland
Type: Permanent full-time
The Proposal Team Lead, reporting directly to the Director of Operations & Finance, is primarily responsible for managing bids generally in response to request for proposals (RFPs) from our clients, but also from business development.
Working within the Operations Team, they will coordinate the creation of our proposals to address our clients’ needs while highlighting our value proposition. They will be responsible for leading the Tenders Team on delivering timely, quality documentation to our clients, through sourcing and responding to often-complex RFPs, editing, proofreading and coordinating technical content.
SRI Executive has a global team and the Proposal Team Lead plays a key role in building upon the relationship with our Search and Strategy colleagues, as well as communicating our work to clients and external audience.
SRI Executive – About Us
SRI Executive is a leading international executive search and strategy firm that is passionate about supporting organisations who work towards delivering on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. At SRI Executive our people have a passion for their work, our culture and our values. Whether your focus is operations, business development, search, strategy, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Purpose of the Proposal Team Lead Role
The Proposal Team Lead will actively and comprehensively take ownership and manage all our tender process, ensuring the timely submission of winning bids. Prioritising, multi-tasking and maintaining a high level of confidentiality on all matters is essential. As you will be managing our Bid Executive and working with our team of consultants based in different time zones, strong organisational and time management skills are a pre-requisite.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the end-to-end development of tenders for Search, Leadership and Strategy units (responsible for resource allocation; delivery of tailored quality proposals and related documentation; development of shortlist pitch/presentations)
- Attend tender meetings with clients (phone or face-to-face)
- Liaise with our consultants on content for tender
- Adhere to tight deadlines, manage and track proposal submissions
- Report and deliver analysis of Tenders to Management
- Managing bids with external partners
- Conduct business intelligence
- Analyse current market trends
- Creative content writing for external communications
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and attributes:
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role with significant hands on experience in proposal development
- Excellent organisational/project-management skills
- Client facing experience within an RFP and Proposals context or similar experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Ideally degree educated in International Relations/Development Studies; Communications or Journalism
- Familiarity with the Global Development sector and/or intellectual curiosity to work with such organisations
Core behavioural competencies
Our ideal Proposal Team Lead will be outgoing, self-motivated and enthusiastic. Core behavioural competencies include:
- Interpersonal and collaborative
- Strategic thinking around business support
- Results driven
- Problem solving
About our clients
As an international firm, over the past 20-years we have built and developed a client base of over 200 clients in 63 countries across the sector of International Development, Development Finance, Global Health and Sustainability. Our clients include the Asian Development Bank, Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation, Fairtrade International, Global Innovation Fund (GIF), the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and the World Health Organization (WHO), to name a few. We also work with several of the United Nations (UN) agencies, including UN Children's Fund (UNICEF), UN Development Programme (UNDP), UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS), UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and UN Women.