Reporting to the Director of Planning and Development (P&D), the Senior Development and Planning Manager supports the design, planning, and implementation of ICAP’s business development activities. S/he contributes to the planning and implementation of ICAP’s new business strategies and leads specific initiatives, including opportunity scoping, proposal management, and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development and Strategic Positioning (30%)
- Identifies and analyzes new funding opportunities with a focus on diversifying ICAP’s funding portfolio, partnerships, and program areas
- With the Director, support country and technical leads in positioning, engagement, business intelligence and capture planning
- Develops corporate capability statements, past performance references, and other strategic documentation for specific country and/or program positioning
- Designs and facilitates new business development trainings for in-country staff
Competitive and non-Competitive Proposal Development (30%)
- Manages competitive and non-competitive proposal submissions in response to specific US Government (USG) and non-USG funding opportunities
- Draft elements of technical proposal narratives, concept notes, and other required documents
- Works with country teams and technical leads to engage and secure project partners and identify proposal staffing needs
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to principal investigators, proposal writers, and key technical leads to resolve challenges during proposal development to ensure high-quality competitive submissions, and raises concerns to the Director, as appropriate
- Works across S&P to ensure costing alignment with technical proposal elements and outline proposal development timelines, and to support the completion of proposal compliance requirements
- Facilitates after action reviews, as needed, and documents and disseminates lessons learned and incorporates these learnings into refined approach
Knowledge Management (25%)
- Work with Senior Strategic Systems & Operations Manager to develop internal strategies, processes, and tools to strengthen knowledge management for planning and development purposes
- Maintains internal ICAP proposal management and coordination systems and serves as a resource for access to key documentation and proprietary information
- Maintains a database of internal/external partners to enable ICAP’s rapid assessment of potential collaborations
- Supports onboarding and management of proposal writing and technical consultants
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of special projects and performs other related duties, as assigned
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in public health, public administration, international relations, development studies, or related fields or equivalent in education and 4 years of experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience responding to funding solicitations from USG and non- USG entities (e.g., USAID, CDC, NIH, HRSA, UN agencies, and private foundations)
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, including oral and platform presentation skills
- High degree of flexibility and attention to detail
- Experience managing cross-functional teams (that include senior level staff) to achieve specific, time-bound deliverables
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Master’s degree in public health, international relations, development studies or other social science fields preferred
- 4+ years of experience in the area of development and/or international project planning and management
- 8+ years of experience in the area of development and/or international project planning and management, preferred
- Experience with international health and/or HIV program design
- Experience living or working in resource limited settings, preferred
- Experience designing and/or supporting individual giving campaigns, a plus
- Experience securing corporate partnerships through corporate social responsibility channels, a plus
- Limited domestic and/or international trips may be required.
- Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
- Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
New York, United States
Terms of Appointment
Regular; 35 hours per week
Columbia University is dedicated to increasing diversity in its workforce, its student body, and its educational programs. Achieving continued academic excellence and creating a vibrant university community require nothing less. In fulfilling its mission to advance diversity at the University, Columbia seeks to hire, retain, and promote exceptionally talented individuals from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 10 April 2023. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV in Word format.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at [email protected].
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by ICAP to undertake this assignment.