ICRISAT is seeking a Director – Corporate Services, a senior position in the leadership team of the organization. The position will be responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the finance and other corporate services of ICRISAT.
The incumbent will report to the Director General and will work closely with the senior leadership of the Institute and other stakeholders to provide overall leadership and direction to Finance and Operations. The Director – Corporate Services will lead the teams in the provision of proactive results-oriented services and will contribute to center-level initiatives based on ICRISAT’s strategy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop financial plans and advise the senior leadership and the Governing Board on the Center’s financial strategy and management, including the mitigation of financial risks;
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls, manage ICRISAT’s investments and foreign exchange risks in line with the Board approved policy;
- Work closely with the Director General on governance and funding, particularly on adaptation and change related to the One CGIAR and contribute to the development of strategies/plans as required;
- Manage Finance and other Operational functions by clarifying roles and objectives, organizing structures, designing jobs, coaching and mentoring unit managers, and managing their individual performance;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, representing the Center in different aspects as needed, contribute to the development of policies and guidance;
- Ensure compliance with the financial and administrative requirements of One CGIAR;
- Identify and make recommendations regarding opportunities for improvement in the Institute’s administrative operations and processes, and undertake new initiatives as agreed;
- Support any change management process that will ensure efficient and effective research for development delivery;
- Advise the Director General on policy related to finance, budgets and global administration and operations of the Institute and its physical facilities; and
- Represent the Director General based on delegated authority, as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- An Advanced / Master’s degree in a field related to Finance/Accounting (Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant) and/or Business Administration;
- At least 15 years of proven expertise in managing corporate finance functions, preferably in an international or global organization; experience of not-for-profit financial management
- An outstanding service/support approach and service management;
- Very good personal organization and priority setting skills;
- High level of integrity and ability to exercise sound judgement:
- A strong focus on continuous improvement and learning, and committed to the development of staff;
- Skills in information technology, including system development and implementation of corporate service applications;
- Experience within the tax, finance and legal environments in the at least some of the countries in which we work;
- Experience in risk management will be preferable (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management)
- Knowledge of the CGIAR and its current changes;
- Ability to lead effectively and inspire others in a participatory manner and within a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues; and
- Experience in working in countries with developing and emerging economies.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please ensure you complete the Application Form provided below by 22 February 2024 (23:59 hrs, GMT +8). It is essential that you submit your CV in English, specifically in Microsoft Word format (.doc/.docx).
Applications in other languages or formats will not be considered.
Rest assured, all information will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by ICRISAT to undertake this assignment.