Senior Investment Officer
About Finance in Motion
Finance in Motion is a worldwide leader in impact investment management. Focusing exclusively on development finance, the company manages nearly EUR 2 billion in assets across four impactful funds.
On behalf of public and private investors as well as international finance institutions, Finance in Motion focuses on developing and advising scalable and commercially sustainable investment funds with the primary goal of achieving significant economic, social and environmental impact in emerging markets and developing countries.
Finance in Motion’s expertise includes micro, small and medium enterprise finance; housing finance; as well as green topics such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, biodiversity conservation, the sustainable use of natural resources and climate change mitigation. They focus on identifying, analyzing, and monitoring partner institutions or projects through their advised funds. In addition, they provide partner institutions with high-impact and tailored technical assistance to maximize outreach efforts, coordinate and implement projects, manage risk, and promote the principles of Responsible Finance.
With around 220 staff from more than 40 countries, Finance in Motion has a strong market presence in the regions of Southeast Europe, South Caucasus, Latin America and the Middle East and North Africa. The 16 regional offices are staffed with more than 60 local professionals who have an in-depth understanding of their respective markets.
Why Finance in Motion are different
Finance in Motion promotes sustainable development in emerging economies through market-based finance solutions. They create long-term value through their tailor-made and innovative solutions, allowing communities and partners to prosper.
Finance in Motion firmly believe that it is possible to connect different sources of capital available in mature financial markets to those who need capital in undersupplied markets, in order to create development impact.
Finance in Motion take a holistic view to making impact investments by combining investments with technical assistance and research activities, as many social and environmental challenges cannot be solved by monetary means alone.
They believe that this approach ensures informed and effective investment strategies, as well as mitigating potential risks. They manage technical assistance facilities that avail themselves of external consultants for each of their funds. They also have an in-house technical team dedicated to green finance. In addition, they are engaged in actively researching the development finance field to identify and track new trends, as well as explore new fields of interest.
Finance in Motion firmly believe that operating in close physical proximity to investees is key to success. Deep insights into the social and environmental challenges that they seek to address; first-hand information on the markets in which they operate; and day-to-day contact with current or potential investees are all essential for generating successful impact investments. Finance in Motion achieve this by working through a dense network of local offices in all their target regions. For more information about the organisation, please visit their website www.finance-in-motion.com
Senior Investment Officer
Since its foundation in 2009, Finance in Motion has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is now seeking a high calibre individual to fill this exciting position of Senior Investment Officer. Based in Cairo, Egypt, the successful candidate will be a key member of Finance in Motion’s team to ensure the continued growth and success of the organisation in the North African region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the development of diversified country strategies and portfolios
- Origination, structuring and negotiation of debt investments into banks and other financial institutions
- On and off-site due diligence and monitoring of financial institutions (banks, leasing companies, microfinance institutions, etc.) and portfolios
- Monitoring and analysis of key market and economic developments in countries of operation
- Monitoring of financial sector regulatory and supervisory framework and policy
- Internal and external reporting regarding investment portfolios and development of funds
- Identifying institution building/technical assistance needs for financial institutions or market participants to develop concepts and designs for supportive measures
- Building and managing relationships with the Funds’ clients and other stakeholders, and supporting investments in other countries of operations when or if necessary
- Advancing responsible finance in countries of operations through dialogue, conferences, workshops and other initiatives
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related subject
What we expect:
- Relevant financial sector experience of at least 7 years, ideally with expertise in lending to financial institutions and portfolio management
- Expertise in analyzing financial institutions, with an understanding of the applicable accounting standards
- Knowledge of Egyptian and regional financial regulatory frameworks
- General knowledge of development finance, including micro / SME finance as well as energy efficiency and renewable energy finance; preferably with previous exposure to development institutions.
- Demonstrable alignment with Finance in Motion’s mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic; French would be an advantage
- Strong analytical, writing, negotiation and communication skills enhanced by intercultural sensitivities
- High client relationship management skills, strong team-orientation, coupled with an open and engaging communication style and inter-personal skills
- Willingness to travel to countries of operation as necessary
- Goal oriented, fully committed to delivering high quality results under tight deadlines
What you can expect
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 40 nationalities who strive to uphold Finance in Motion’s start-up spirit and profit from the opportunities of a growing company
- A job with a great degree of autonomy that achieves real impact through cooperation and joint responsibility
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company culture that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Finance in Motions’ 200 employees, working from their 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and prefer a communication style that suits the flat hierarchies and cooperative mindset they value, then we would very much like to hear from you
Terms of Appointment
The role is being offered as a full-time position.The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Full details of the compensation and benefits package can be shared on request.
Key Step in the Selection Process
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Peeui Sangalang, at [email protected]. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.